Nonsense Makes Sense. Make Sense of Nonsense.

Nonsense Makes Sense. Make Sense of Nonsense.
Live. Love. Explore. Imagine.

6.25.2010

Fun With Math

My soon to be first grader is gearing up some skills this summer. But like any not-quite-six year old, she gets easily bored (and maybe more than most).  Being creative in teaching can be a challenge, especially when it comes to math, at least for me.  So when her flash cards didn't seem to be working as well as it usually does (addition sans finger counting), I turned to some fun with color.  Here's how it turned out:


The activity not only got us out of the rut, it turned out to be fun and interesting!  

How do you make teaching fun and enjoyable?  Do share some creative strategies you use in helping your child enjoy learning.  I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Awesome, good idea and great artwork.

Anonymous said...

I can scan some worksheets from the books that I use for my students and email them to you when I have time. -Olga :)